For whom this is interesting
General management, ESG/CSR staff, finance and legal staff
At the end of the workshop, participants will understand what it means to be ESG compliant in a narrow sense (legal requirements) and a broader sense (ethical business conduct). Both kinds of compliances are important for businesses active in the EU as customers’, investors’, regulators’ and general stakeholders’ demand for more ESG compliance is increasing by the day. Being compliant in both senses goes beyond a pure ticking-the-box exercise as they imply changes at many levels of your business and an increased collaboration and communication with external parties like your suppliers.
The workshop covers the following topics:
- Overview of current and upcoming EU regulations that will be transferred to national law (e.g., Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive, Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive)
- Overview of voluntary frameworks as guidelines for ESG compliance (e.g., OECD Guidelines and UN Global Compact, 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals)
- Overview of voluntary ESG reporting frameworks (e.g., GRI, SASB)
- Developing, writing, implementing and measuring ESG policies
- Stakeholder identification and respective communication and engagement strategies
- Overview of ESG ratings
- Set up governance structures for ESG compliance processes
It will also trigger conversations among the participants who probably would not in day-to-day work discuss this topic in a structured and guided way. The different perspectives on this will add valuable insights into how to tackle ESG. The workshop will also include discussions dealing with your individual company set-up, identifying chances, obstacles, and possible next steps. After finishing the workshop you will have documented and actionable to-dos for your business.
Prior to the workshop, our consultants will have a briefing call with you to understand your motivation, objectives, and status quo and perform desktop research on your company and respective industry to tailor the workshop to your needs.
In person (if you prefer, the workshop can also be done online, but due to the interactive nature of the workshop we recommend having it in person)
One day (6-8 hours with lunch and coffee breaks)
4,000 EUR (excl. VAT) for up to 20 participants
Your company’s premises or an external location (causes additional costs)