How do we source responsibly and sustainably?
Research shows that the majority of ESG risks slumber in a businesses’ supply chain and also cause most of the adverse impact on ESG metrics. To address these issues, the Netherlands, Germany and France already have or are working on the adaption of so-called supply chain laws and the EU only published the proposal for the Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive that will affect approx. 17,000 businesses active in the EU directly and many small- and mid-sized companies as part of their supply chain. Furthermore, the resilience of a business, in general, has gained more and more attention and businesses increasingly would like to build stable supply chains to reduce adverse impacts on their operations, avoid business interruptions and reputational damage. Last but not least, customers and consumers are increasingly demanding ethical flawless products and are becoming progressively intolerant of violations of responsible business conduct.
We will help you to determine your ESG approach to procurement and supply chain management by identifying and analysing your supply chain to detect potential risks, mitigate them and manage your suppliers respectively, also in accordance with regulation.
Our advisory services include:
- Preparing you for the EU Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive (CSDDD)*
- Writing and implementing respective policies, e.g. supplier code of conduct
- Implementing OECD guidelines within your business and supply chain
- Setting up and training a team at your business that takes care of your ESG procurement and supply chain needs
- Accessing the ESG performance of your supply chain
*Empact is not a legal, auditing or tax advisory firm and thus cannot be held responsible or liable for any potential legal or tax implications deriving from its advisory services.